Best Friends Quotes That Make You Cry – Friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between people. Friendship is a stronger form of interpersonal bond than an association. Friendship has been studied in academic fields such as communication, sociology, social psychology, anthropology, and philosophy. Various academic theories of friendship have been proposed, including social exchange theory, equity theory, relational dialectics, and attachment styles. A World Happiness Database study found that people with close friendships are happier.
Friendship with best friend is an interesting kind of love. There’s no contract legally binding you two together, there’s no unspoken rule about loving each other unconditionally, and there’s no real binding commitment to the opposite person other than what you are willing to put in to the relationship. But maybe these are the reasons why our friendships with best friend are so valuable. The option is always there to back out at any time, and yet, with the really, really authentic ones, we never do.
Because of that, we present to you quotes about friendship and best friend that you may want to save and share. Some of these quotes is really touching and can made you cry.
Best Friends Quotes That Make You Cry
1) A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws.
2) There comes a point in your life when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will.
3) A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.
4) “If you’re alone, I’ll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I’ll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I’ll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I’ll be your smile… But anytime you need a friend, I’ll just be me.”
5) Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it.
6) A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
7) Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest… It’s about who came, and never left your side…
8) The words that escape a friend’s mouth are “I’ll be there when you say you need me” but the words that are unheard from a true friend’s heart are “I’ll be there… whether you say you need me or not.”
9) If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn’t jump with them, I’d be at the bottom to catch them
10) Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can’t stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. This is forever friendship. When you’re down and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times an dthe confused times. If you turn and walk away, your forever friend follows. If you lose your way, your forever friend guides you and cheers you on. Your forever friend hold your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete because you need not worry. You have a forever friend, and forever has no end.
11) Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it’s to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.
12) A true friend sees the first tear… catches the second… and stops the third
13) Another month. Another year. Another smile another tear. Another winter and another summer too. But there can never be another you.
14) Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.
15) Because once upon a time, we were best friends. And, yes, there’s been a lot of bad stuff in between. But none of that matters right now, okay? You need me, I’m there. Any time, any place, anywhere
16) “When it hurts to look back, and you’re afraid to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.”
17) Its really amazing when two strangers become the best of friends, but it’s really sad when the best of friends become two strangers.
18) Friends are like a good bra, supportive, hard to find, and always close to your heart!
19) Of all the friends I’ve ever met, you’re the one I won’t forget and if I die before you do I’ll go to heaven and wait for you.
20) Anyone can make you smile or cry. But it takes someone special to make you smile. When you already have tears in your eyes
21) The only reason god didnt make us sisters is because one mom couldn’t handle us both.
22) Let’s face it, we’ve changed, we’ve all changed. Somewhere between summer ending and school starting, we’ve all gone our own directions. Hearts were broken, friendships were diminished, and new loves started and new people came into our lives. We no longer spend all of our time together in our circle of friends; we no longer talk for hours about nothing at all. Some of us are finding love while some of us are trying to let go. Even though we’ve changed we all know that even though we’re all finding our own place in the world that when we find love, let go of a love, or when the tears fall, or a smile spreads across our face, we’ll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us and no matter what happens nothing will change so much that we are all not friends forever.
23) Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
24) I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, and I call them my best friends.
25) As people grow up, they realize it becomes less important to have more friends, and more important to have real ones.
27) “Wanna see who your real friends are? Screw up and see who’s still there.”
28) I catch your eye and you smile and I feel so much love for you it’s insane, but I feel you looking back at me with nothing more than friendship.
29) Friends are like stars, they come and go, but the ones that stay are the ones that glow
30) A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing, trips you again, and calls you an a**hole.
31) If one day you want to cry, just call me. I can’t promise I’ll make you laugh, but I can cry with you. If one day you want to run away, don’t be afraid, just call me. I can’t promise I’ll make you stop, but I can run with you. If one day you are bored, just call me. I can’t promise I will entertain you, but I can tell you I am bored too. But if one day you tell me you are in love with me, I promise I will tell you I am love with you, too.
32) True friends can see the hurt in your eyes when everyone else is fooled by your smile.
33) A friend is someone who understand your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today just the way you are.
34) “Maybe I can’t stop the downpour, but I will always, always join you for a walk in the rain.”
35) A friend is someone who will catch you when you fall, dry your tears and tell you it will be all right, pretend to be happy just to cheer you up, never leave you by yourself, attempt to talk to you at least once a day no matter what, make you laugh when you’re sad, call back if you hang up on them, make everything you two do together into something fun no matter how boring it is, always remind you of your inside jokes, finish your sentences, think the same way you do, follow you wherever you go, stop you from doing something stupid or hurting yourself, and they’re always willing to give up something that means a lot to them because they can be sure you’ll always be there in return, and because to them you’ll always mean more than you can imagine.
36) The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
37) Your best friend is the one who’s laughed with you, cried with you, and despaired with you. Your best friend is the one who loves and accepts all the strange or quirky things about you. Your best friend is the one who’s shirts are stained with mascara from your tears. Your best friend is the one who can look at you and have a whole conversation without moving their mouth once. Your best friend is the one who’s seen you at your worst, and said you were the best. Your best friend is the one who fought for and defended you-even when they knew you were wrong. Your best friend is the one who can honestly say “I love you.” and not think twice about how it was taken. Your best friend is the one who crashes on your couch at four in the morning. Your best friend is the one who kicked you in the ass and straightened you out when you were about to make a big mistake. Your best friend is the one who knows you inside out. Your best friend is the one who never has to ask- they already know the answer. Your best friend is the one with whom you can’t play twenty questions because they already know the answer to every question. Your best friend is the one who fought with you, missed you, and made up with you after many bitter exchanges were made. Your best friend is the one who stood by your side when you were having a hard time, and always forgave you for being a b*tch. Your best friend is the one who doesn’t expect an apology but deserves one. Your best friend is the one who covered for you to keep you out of serious trouble. Your best friend is the one who never judged you for what you had done, never called you a dirty name because you had been less than good. Your best friend is the one who is your main partner in crime. Your best friend is the one who will always need you and miss you in times of need when you can’t be there, but knows you would be if it was possible. Your best friend is the one whom you may need most, who will always seek your company, but will push you away to avoid pulling you down with them when they know they can’t win.
38) Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.
39) People say best friends are hard to find — that’s because the best is already mine!
40) True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side
41) Here’s to the nights that turned into mornings with the friends that turned into family
42) Here’s to the crap we talk, the guys we stalk, the way we shop, the laughs we can’t stop, the gossip we spill, the looks that could kill, to havin’ each others back, to the next morning gettin’ the facts, downin’ the beers and spillin’ the tears…we’ll stay together through the years!
43) A friend is not the one that will kill for you, but the one that will die for you
44) Friends teach you what you WANT to know. Enemies teach you what you NEED to know.
45) A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
47) There’s a point in every true friendship, where friends stop being friends and become sisters.
48) If I was told we were going to live for a 100 days, I’d like to live 99 so I don’t have to live without you.
49) When the keg has been kicked, when the liquor has run dry, when we’ve fallen out of love with the perfect guy, when the party is over, when we’re passed out on the floor, when we can’t keep kicking ass in beer pong anymore, we’ll still be friends cause we know the deal, we’re each others girls and we’ll always keep it real.
50) A best friend is better than any boyfriend. A best friend may not kiss you or hold you through the night, but they will hold your hand through tough times. They cause tears only through giggles, and they will never judge you on how you look with your makeup off. They may not give you flowers on Valentine’s Day but they will give you chocolate once a month. And the best thing about them is that no matter how many times you fight and no matter how loud you may yell, you always know in the end they’re still going to love you, and that nothing you could ever say, or scream, could change that.
51) It’s funny how in the end, you always go back, to the ones that have been there from the very beginning
52) Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like with out you. Then I thank God I only have to wonder.
53) you get into the [ B I G G E S T ] fights, with the people you care about most because t h o s e are the relationships, you’re willing to fight for
54) Friend: One who knows all about you and loves you just the same.
55) I live for the days I can’t remember with the friends I’ll never forget.
56) No matter how serious life gets you still need those ones you can be absolutly stupid with…..
57) Side by side or miles apart, dear friends are always close to the heart.
58) “You’ll never know what it’s like to lose a best friend until you look back and you don’t feel safe enough to fall.”
59) Unlike Barbie, my friends and I are NOT sold separately.
60) Good friends are those who care without hesitation, who remember without limitation and who love even without communication.
61) Sometimes trusting a friend is the hardest thing to do. Even the closest friends can become your enemies.
62) “Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see, but only you can feel its warmth.”
63) If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren’t going to change simply because you want them to.
64) Look, im sorry. Im sorry for bothering you. Im sorry for all the texts I send you. Im sorry for IMing you the second you get online. Im sorry I keep asking if youre free to hang out. Im sorry I ask random questions. Im sorry that I ask about your life. Im sorry that im a bother to you. Im sorry that I always recite all those silly friendship quotes. But heres the truth. Im not sorry for any of those things; I only did it because you’re my friend. What im really sorry for is that you don’t realize how much our friendship means to me. Im sorry that I have a deep worry that this friendship wont last much longer. Im sorry I wanted to talk to you. Im sorry I wanted to get your opinions and advice on things. Im sorry I wanted to hang out with you. I just thought that’s what friends did. Im sorry I was willing to do anything to get your attention. I didn’t know being friends was too much to ask from you. Im sorry that im now left with only memories of what used to be. Please do me one favor, when you see the tears gently falling down my cheeks, don’t try to comfort me. I don’t need a reminder of how I could always tell you everything, how you’d sit by me and just hold me while I cried. So please, if this is over, then lets just say our goodbyes and walk away and not look back, because I cant believe that a friendship I once held so dear to my heart is now fading to nothing. Now thats really what Im sorry for.
65) “False friends are like a shadow, they’re with you while you’re in the sunshine, but leave you the minute you cross into the shade.”
66) “I know we’ll be friends for life; sharing our dreams together. As we walk down the road, we’ll never think twice, our memories will last forever. And although we’re off to two different worlds, somehow we’re together. And even though we’re far apart, our memories are deep within our hearts. These are the times to remember our memories will last forever.”
67) A 5 year old girl asked her friend “What is Friendship???” He replied “Friendship is when you take my Chocolates Everyday from my bag and I still keep it in the same place….”
68) I’m currently making some changes in my life. If you don’t hear from me, you’re one of them…
69) Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
70) A bestfriend is someone who when you show up at their door with a dead body they say nothing, grab a shovel and follow you.
71) we’re the type of best friends who will be sitting on the couch together, yet still texting each other.
72) It’s impossible to be angry at someone who makes you laugh.
73) It hurts so much when a friend walks away. Even more when it’s a best friend. But what hurts the most… is when you have no idea why they left.
74) I have a few very close friends, then I have some good friends, lots of acquaintances and a large mass of people I tolerate.
75) As we grow older we don’t lose friends, we just learn who the real ones are
76) Friends are the most important part of your life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories.
77) When you are up in life, your friends get to know who you are. But when you are down in life, you get to know who your friends are
78) Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what.
79) What is a friend? I will tell you. It is a person with whom you dare to be yourself. Your soul can be naked with him. He seems to ask of you to put on nothing, only to be what you are. He does not want you to be better or to worse. When you are with him, you feel as a prisoner feels who has been declared innocent. You do not have to be on your guard. You can say what you think, as long as it is genuinely you. He understands those contadictions in your nature that lead others to misjudge you. With him you breathe freely. You can avow your little vanities and envies and hates and vicious sparks, your meannesses, and absurdities. And in opening them up to him, they are lost, dissolved on the white ocean of his loyalty. He understands. You do not have to be careful. You can abuse him, neglect him, tolerate him. Best of all, you can keep still with him. It makes no matter. He likes you. He is like fire that purges to the bone. He understands. You can weep with him, laugh with him, sin with him, pray with him. Through it all-and underneath-he sees, knows, and loves you. A friend? What is a friend? Just one, I repeat, with whom you dare to be yourself.